Amy E. Reichert, author of THE COINCIDENCE OF COCONUT CAKE, LUCK, LOVE & LEMON PIE, THE SIMPLICITY OF CIDER, and THE OPTIMIST'S GUIDE TO LETTING GO, loves to write stories that end well with characters you’d invite to dinner. A wife, mom, amateur chef, Fix-It Mistress, a volunteer baby snuggler, and cider enthusiast, she earned her MA in English Literature and serves on her library’s board of directors. She's a member of Tall Poppy Writers.
The Longer Version
In case you want to know more about me (in which case, I've written several books you might find interesting), here's a few more fun facts in delightful bullet form.
- I'm a life long cheesehead (aka, born and raised Wisconsinite). I may actually have butter in my veins--my cholesterol is very high.
- I was a high school cheerleader. My high school's mascot was a ship. Enunciation was very important.
- My first job was as a dishwasher. I always had to work pork steak, sauerkraut, and dumpling night (it was every Thursday). I do not like sauerkraut.
- I've done every job possible in a restaurant, and yes, I'm counting that one time I filled in for the line cook because he was too high to work as a being a chef.
- I love to cook, but I don't have as much time to do it anymore. But when I do, it's awesome. I'm not modest about my ability to create delicious food.
- I never thought I could write novels. The fact that I finished one--let alone several, is a testament to how much I didn't want to work in a cubicle ever again.
- I used to be a Technical Writer. It is not as exciting as it sounds. (It shouldn't sound exciting. If it does, you need better ways to spend your time. See the above note about how I've written several books.)
- I've attended midnight mass at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. I also ate at a Chi-Chis in Paris. #balance
- My dog looks like Sprocket, the dog in FRAGGLE ROCK. If you don't have to google that to know what I mean, I love you.
- I have two kids. They are incredible. I try to keep them off my social media, but sometimes they sneak in. I'm not very consistent.
- I have a husband. He is equally incredible. When he's at work events, people ask him if he's related to me. This brings me so much joy.
- I student taught in England. My students would often ask me to say "spam," then they would giggle.
- I'm super nerdy. It started with fantasy novels, evolved into Star Trek in college, and now I'm full blown. Give me all the superheroes, dragons, spaceships, wizards. #Ravenclaw I also write sneaky references into my novels so my editor doesn't notice and make me take them out. Shhh, don't tell her.
- I watch a lot of shows on the CW. A lot.
- I could live without coffee, but please don't make me.
- Same with ice cream.
- Someday I want to hold a baby panda, swim with dolphins, nose boop a manatee, and write a Hallmark movie script. Yes, one of these things is not like the other, but I could put the first three into the fourth--and that's how great ideas are made!
- I am delightful. Find me on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. The links are below!